All Terrain Vehicles
What is an ATV?
- An ATV is a three, six, or eight wheel All-Terrain Vehicle equipped with an engine and a seat that is straddled by the operator, along with handlebars for steering control. It is designed to handle a wider variety of terrain than most other vehicles. The rider sits on and operates this vehicle like a motorcycle, but the extra wheels give more stability.
- Package policy typically offers a combination of Collision, Liability Comprehensive including: Theft, Water Damage, Vandalism, etc.
- Agreed value up to $50,000 or actual cash value
- Actual Cash Value based on NADA Appraisal Guide or Kelley Blue Book
- Liability coverage up to $500,000
- Accessory coverage up to $3,000 (includes helmet & safety apparel, winches, mower attachments, plow blades, and trailers designed to be pulled behind ATVs)
Does My Homeowner’s Policy Cover My ATV?
- Yes, but only for liability and only when being operated on the premises parameter.
- A separate policy should be purchased to include a full range of liability protection as well as theft and collision and the other above mentioned coverage to give you the full protection you need.
For information regarding State Rules, Regulations & Insurance Requirements for ATV’s CLICK HERE: www.atvsafety.gov/legislation/Louisianalaw.pdf